Sunday, March 3, 2013

Countdown to Pasadena: 17 Weeks

OK,  so it has been a REALLY long time since I posted to my blog. 
Here are some significant events y'all have missed
1) I moved! We relocated to Sacramento, CA back in September.  With the moving, a new job, and the newborn, maintaining a blog kinda fell off my radar.
2) Weight loss.  I'm down under 170 now.  That's quite a bit of progress since my last post.  There were some ups and downs.  I did a few juice fast for a week - that helped me dropped a few pounds, but then I went back to eating a ton of junk which put some of it back on.
3) About a month ago my son was diagnosed with Autism.  We had our suspicions, but were still rather taken aback by the diagnosis.  He's such a sweet boy, but he will need some extra help with language and social development. 
4) Baby girl is HUGE.  Last time I posted, she was still just a little sprout.  Now, she is a superchunk. She is so darn cute!!

So, that's the major update.

I need to make some commitments to keeping fit and staying on track.
My brother and I have registered for the Pasadena Half Marathon at the end of June.  I'll try to provide weekly updates and commitments.
http://www.pasadenamarathon.org/

Weekly Plan
Try to keep calories around 1800. 

Monday: Run 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: INSANITY
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Run 3 miles
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Run 5 miles

4 workouts is definitely doable.  I can commit to that! 
My plan is to wake up early on Monday and Wednesday between 5:30 and 6:00. 
Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment