Friday, July 20, 2012

2 Small Victories

I finally broke the dreaded 180 barrier.  I weighed in today at 179.7.  It took a little longer than I would have liked, but I made it.  Yay me!  Of course, when I pulled on my pants this morning I wondered why they weren't any looser.  And I remembered that I've got all this extra belly flab where baby used to be.  Dang - can't just pay attention to the scale - gotta actually do some exercising and toning too. 

This revelation led to small victory #2 - I ran/walked 3 miles tonight! My in-laws are in town so I took the opportunity to head out this evening to Alki beach for a run.  To get myself back into running I had considered doing a couch to 10K program, but I really can't stand the short periods of walking and running. I feel like you never get into the groove of either.  My favorite way to ease back into it is to run/walk by song.  So, tonight I walked a song and then ran for 2 songs.  My final workout was 3.07 miles in 37:13.  Nothing to brag about as far as time goes, but it felt so good to be back out there!
I like running because it helps get Backyardigans' songs out of my head!
Tomorrow is the West Seattle Grand Parade.  I'll share some of its grandness with you!  The in-laws are flying back to Sacramento which means a little less down time for me. :(

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what you mean by nothing to brag about, but 37 minutes is still pretty darn good - and so is losing 21lbs! It took me over a year to lose 15 and for the longest time I was suck at the same weight for MONTHS, breaking the plateau took forever but I feel like things got easier afterwards...until I hit the next one lol. Anyway, great job!

    jess
    Wanderlusted

    ReplyDelete