Sunday, March 10, 2013

Countdown to Pasadena: 16 Weeks

First week of training for the half marathon felt great.  I'm still walking/running. But, my running stretches are getting longer :).  I managed to do 6 miles today. My half marathon plan called for 5 miles, but I somehow ended up doing 6 instead.  I couldn't find my phone to take my post run picture.  Believe me when I say it wasn't pretty.
Instead, I'll show you cute pictures of Elkie!! She scratched her eye - at least that's what I hope it is.  I really, really hope she doesn't have pink eye. She and Big O are obsessed with the fireman hat this week.

After my run, Big O and I made some shortbread cookies.  I don't know why, but all week he's been asking for 'star cookies.' So today, I busted out the star cookie cutter and we had a good time getting flour everywhere, eating the dough, and cutting out star shapes. (the dough i made had no eggs, for those of you concerned about kiddos eating dough). Then I gave him about a half a cup of flour which he poured into different containers and scooped up using different sized measuring cups. Disaster ensued.
Ian wasn't too happy about the mess, but Big O had a great time.

WEEKLY UPDATE:
Current weight 167
lost 1 pound last week :).

Food was so-so this week.  Most days I was either at the cusp or over my calorie limit.  I have to say, My Fitness Pal saved my butt a few times this week.  I was feeling like throwing in the towel and stopping to get a six pack of Reese's Eggs
My Current Junk Food Obsession
But, when I entered my calories on MFP, I saw that I was actually pretty close to my target calorie intake for the day.  It really helped break the cycle I have of eating one piece of junk food and then using it as an excuse to blow my diet.


Exercise last week:
Monday: ran 3 miles (treadmill)
Wednesday: Ran 3 miles (treadmill)
Friday: Ran 3.15 miles (treadmill)
Sunday: Ran 6 miles (outside).

Next week should look pretty similar except that my Sunday run will only be 5 miles instead of 6.  Also, I plan to go swimming on Saturdays.  I'm still hoping to do a triathlon this summer. 

I'll be sure to post photos next week

Big Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment