Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm back! My life has been pretty hectic and blogging has taken a back seat. I'm teaching a summer session class on Monday's and Wednesday's for UW. It didn't seem like a big deal when I agreed to do it, but it has been so difficult for me to balance working, eating healthy, exercising, being a good mom and being a good wife. So, the first thing to go was exercise. It's been over a week since I've had a real workout. Soon after I stopped logging in to my fitness pal and overrate a few days. In essence, I give up my me time/focus to keep on top of everything else.

But, I'm not giving up! It's going to be tough, but I know that I can make the small changes I need to find a better balance.

Here are the things I'm thankful for right now

#1. My In-laws. My in-laws are visiting for a week and it has been awesome to have the extra help around the house. They want to spend as much time as possible with the kids which has given. Me time to focus a but more on work. Also, my mother in law is a bit of a neurotic cleaner. I used to take it personally, as a kind of judgment, when she would visit and clean the whole house. Now I'm just grateful that someone other than me is doing it!

#2. Big O turned 2 on Monday!!

He is getting so big and I am just so in love with him!! We had a small get-together with the in-laws, my sister in law, and a few friends. Here's the 2 year old with his favorite present.

Yes, he LOVES Cars.

#3. Sunshine! We've finally got a little sun here in Seattle. I know the rest of the country is enduring a heat wave, but we've been overcast and cold all summer. I'm just excited to get a little warmth in my bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment