Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday already?? The days just all seem to blend together when you aren't sleeping at night.

Here's my Thankful list for the week

1) Fitting into pre/early pregnancy pants:
For the first time in MONTHS, I was able to wear pants that did not have a full elastic waist band.  I slipped into a pair of jeans that I was able to wear pre-pregnancy and up through my third month.  Now, granted these jeans are size 14 and not exactly a size I'm eager to be at.  But, still it's a small victory to actually get to zip up a pair of pants.

2) Dissertation submitted:
The beast has been slain!  I officially submitted my dissertation online tonight.  Tomorrow I just have to go sign some papers at the grad school and then this part of my life will officially be over.  I am so thankful for all the support I received in finishing this.  But, I'm even more thankful for the free time I will have now that it's over.



3)  My son:
O. makes me laugh and smile every day.  Today he woke up from a nap in tears and we ended up cuddling and going back to sleep together.  It's things like that that make me so grateful to be a mom.



4) Opportunities:
I have been on the job market for a while and have been turned down for one job and had to withdraw from another job.  I'm just grateful that I have many opportunities that keep popping up and I feel like I'm in a good place to make the right decision.



In other news...
I had said that I would weigh in today, but that didn't happen.  Still a little scared to hop on that scale.  So many excuses, but it's really just fear.




No comments:

Post a Comment