Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Days away from freedom

Thankful Thursday is a time for me to think about 5 things I am thankful for, reminding myself of all the wonderful things in my life.  

# 1: Dissertation is almost done!!  Oh, did I forget to mention that my baby was born exactly 13 hours after successfully defending my dissertation. My water broke about an hour after I got home from my defense.  Great timing, huh!!  I've got some revisions to complete and then this 4 year journey is officially OVER!! I've had this dissertation hanging over my head like a sad dark cloud for 4 years and now it's finally going to be gone.  I can't even imagine... what will I stress about now :)
#2  Baby E:  So cute, don't you think!  She's already practicing her karate chops.  Girl is gonna kick ass!


#3 My parents:  Mom and dad are both here now.  Mom has been a lifesaver taking Baby E so that I can try to get some work done on the diss.  She's been waking up at 2am to take the middle of the night shift.  They are here to celebrate my graduation this weekend.  Wish I could pop open some champagne, but Baby E might not like that in her milk.

#4  This guy
Yes, he looks like a rabid maniac, but he's just playing with his daddy dropping bubbles all over him.  He's a bit clingy right now with all the changes going on, but I know that it will pass.  He is such a sweet, lovable boy and I'm just so amazed that I get to share every day with him.

 #5  Seattle's Crazy Rainstorms.  It's June, and I've been bitchin and moanin about the weather for the past 9 months.  But, today I was so grateful for the rain and the dark weather cuz it kept me motivated to work on the dissertation.  Believe me, you won't see this posted too often!

Small Change #1:  Cutting out snacks (DAY 2)
Today went really well.  I did have a grande latte and a little chocolate rice dream between meals, but stuck to eating food at mealtimes.  It's hard not to want to add a ton of other changes or to be critical of the meals that I'm eating.  But - starting small and starting now is my focus and I'm sticking to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment