Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Small Changes

Almost 2 weeks ago I experienced a HUGE change.  On May 26th, my beautiful baby girl came into the world.  She was 2 weeks early and only weighed 6lbs 5oz.  It's been a crazy adjustment even though I've had so much help from my mom and my husband.  Nursing has (again) been a complete nightmare.  The nurses at the hospital were so adamant about putting her on the breast that they completely ignored the bite marks, chapped, and bleeding nipples.  It took me a full day to recover and get back to the point where I could even manage nursing a bit.  My milk production is low and between pumping 8 times a day and trying to nurse on demand, I am going a bit bonkers.  Breastfeeding aside, I am absolutely in love with this little person. 

My family now includes an amazing 23 month old boy, a newborn girl, and my wonderful husband (Seen here all napping together on the couch.  So Sweet!  I've been thinking a lot about all the changes that I need/want to make to be the mom and wife I want to be.  I was reading a post from nerdfitness today called "How to Not Suck at Building Healthy Habits... Finally!" My big take away was - Start Now, Start Small! So this blog is here to help me make SMALL changes in becoming a better and smaller mama.

So for today, and this week my small change is cutting out snacks. I had been thinking about it before I read the nerdfitness post, but made a commitment to it afterwards.  I am a rabid snacker.  I often graze throughout the day without wanting to eat any real food. I know there are lots of advocates of eating 5 times a day, but it's important for me to focus on 3 balanced meals. I can have fruit or a smoothie


No comments:

Post a Comment